Central United Methodist Church provides a wonderful nurturing environment for people of all ages to learn more about God and his son Jesus through its educational opportunities.
Christian Education, in particular, Sunday School, is the heartbeat of Central UMC. In a weekly small group, you can experience friendship, support and learn within the greater church community. Feel free to visit many different classes until you find the one that fits best. Central UMC, like all churches, has been given the awesome responsibility of helping all age groups, from toddlers to seniors, to learn and grow in their faith.
Sunday School is a great place for our members and newcomers to start! We meet every Sunday Morning from 9:45 am to 10:45 am in various classroom settings.
Below, you will find a list of Sunday School Classes that you can look into becoming a part of:
- Young Adult Community Class
- 20s and 30s (college and young adults)
- The young adult class is led by Mallory Brown, our Director of Children’s Ministries and Christian Education, on a weekly basis between worship services. They use the lectionary passages for the day, video studies, and are currently going through a study that leads them through the entire Bible in the span of one year. Clyde Kerns, a member of the church, is also a leader of this class. He sends daily readings from various sources to each member of the class by email and stays in contact with class members. The young adults welcome you to join the class any time and on any day that you can. Childcare is provided. The class begins at 10AM and ends at 10:45AM in the Asbury Room, right near the nursery room.
- Russell Fellowship Class
- Forties and up
- The Russell Fellowship class is led by various members on a rotating basis. They love to study books by Adam Hamilton and others on a regularly and meet upstairs. This class is also heavily involved in a Christmas mission that provides families with blankets, toys, and other Christmas gifts each year. The Russell class would love to have you join them.
- Central Fellowship Class
- Forties and up
- The Central Fellowship Class, led for many years by Clyde Kerns, meets upstairs and welcomes a variety of age groups: those with young children, those with grown up children, and those with no children at all. They use book studies on a variety of topics and are currently teaching one another on a rotating basis.
- Christian Adult Class
- Forties and up
- The Christian Adult Class is a lively class of adults who are always looking for something new and fresh to study. Currently, they rotate teachers each Sunday and are using a DVD and book study about the journey of Paul in the New Testament. Come and join their class.
- Sons and Daughters of Wesley Class
- Senior Adults
- The Sons and Daughters of Wesley Class is a class that hosts some of our oldest and most dedicated members of the church. They enjoy singing together before class begins, sharing prayer requests, meeting during the week, and intently studying God’s word together. Although they are older, they are young souls and would welcome a person of any age.
- Youth Class (7th-12th grades)
- This class is led by four wonderfully involved adults who love teenagers. They meet each Sunday and use a study from Cokesbury called Submerge to facilitate their discussions. They often share doughnuts and snacks, too!
- Nursery (under 3 years old)
- Preschool Class (3 years-PK)
- Elementary Class (Kindergarten-6th grades)