CENTRAL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
113 SOUTH PIEDMONT AVENUE
KINGS MOUNTAIN, NORTH CAROLINA 28086
Phone: 704-739-2471 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF MUSIC PART-TIME Position (min 20 hrs.)
Purpose: Encourage growth in Christ through leading of music through worship.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading music at all regularly scheduled worship services Sunday mornings at 8:45 a.m. and
at 11:00 a.m.
• Lead, Plan and implement music for all weekly worship services, both the Early Contemporary and
Traditional services, including Vacation Bible School, funerals, weddings, and other special occasions
• Direct the Choral Music programs of the Church (all choirs/age groups, praise band), enhancing musical
skills of all groups through rehearsals and coaching workshops.
• Develop, Coordinate and provide leadership to youth and children’s musical experiences
• Demonstrate advance preparation for rehearsals and conduct an adequate number of rehearsals in
consultation with each choir and/or Pastor. At least one weekday rehearsal prior to the Sunday performance
for each choir.
• Coordinate essential activities involving the groups, while...